Sunday, January 14, 2007

on the waterfront

More sun today! I decided to talk a walk along the river, which I'd never done. An hour later, about to collapse from the diesel fumes, I came to the conclusion that the "waterfront" could use some work! Here are some pictures from my walk.

Trukhanov Island, posh summer getaway for 19th century elites; now semi-industrial wasteland accessed by a rusting Soviet footbridge. But check out the electric blue (radioactive) water.

This is kind of neat--I like finding places that I think Kievans don't even notice. This is a 19th century railroad station in terrible disrepair. It's covered by grafitti, but over the door, you can still see letters that stand for "South-West Railroad."

Stray dogs guarding another collapsing hut.

The lump you see on the ground is a person. At first, I got worried, because I thought he might be dead. Then, I saw his arm move a bit, so I realized that he had just passed out. Only here is realizing that someone is a blacked-out drunk a cause for relief. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home